Community Response Team at work to find solutions
As the arrival of COVID-19 began in Ohio, organizations Ross County united together to create the Community Response Team. Convened by Chillicothe Mayor Luke Feeney and comprised of a cross-section of local partners, the group supports efforts to understand the impact of COVID-19 and respond quickly with programs, resources, and policy shifts. The team is working diligently to achieve the following outcomes:
- Supporting the health and safety of the residents
- Evaluate where the gaps in service are during the closures and develop a response
- Curation of local, state and federal resources and information
- Communicate clearly how residents in need can access the information and support they need
- Find opportunities for the community to come together
The partners in this effort are Adena Health System, Chillicothe City Schools, Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library, Chillicothe Ross Chamber of Commerce, Chillicothe Ross Community Foundation, City of Chillicothe, Good Samaritan Food Network, Paint Valley ADAMH Board, Ross County Commissioners, Ross County Community Action, Ross County Health District, Ross County Job & Family Services, the Ross County Ministerial Association, Ross County NAACP, Ross County Senior Center, Sojourners Care Network, Southeastern Ohio Legal Services, The Salvation Army, the United Way of Ross County, and the YMCA of Ross County.