The Ross County Safety Council, a managed program of the chamber, provides their members with the opportunity to earn worker’s compensation discounts in addition to a forum to examine and resolve occupation safety and health issues. We strive to bring you the experts who can provide the information to make your workplace safer.
Monthly meetings and interactive workshops provide an opportunity to learn from the experts about health and safety issues facing businesses today. In addition, the Council is affiliated with the Bureau of Worker’s Compensation (BWC) Division of Safety and Hygiene, and has access to their safety resources.
We invite you to explore the Ross County Safety Council. Membership is free and is open to all companies, corporations, and individual employers in Ross, Pike, and Jackson counties. If you have topics you would like addressed, please contact Wendi Bennett at 740.702.2722. Take advantage of this opportunity to network with and learn from experienced safety professionals.
The Ross County Safety Council’s mission is to be an effective safety resource for the employers of Ross, Pike, and Jackson counties. We will accomplish this mission by providing the latest safety & health information through experienced professionals, conducting interactive workshops, and drawing on the experiences and best management practices of member employers.
2022-2023 Program Schedule
**Ross County Safety Council meetings will begin meeting IN-PERSON in July, 2022
**To qualify for the BWC rebate program, companies must enroll by July 31, 2022
- JULY 14, 2022 Welcome back picnic, Lion’s Shelter in Yoctangee Park
- August 11, 2022 Keeping Safety Top of Mind, PACCAR
- September 8, 2022 Emergency Preparedness, PACCAR
- October 13, 2022 Substance Abuse Awareness PACCAR
- November 10, 2022 Cybersecurity, PACCAR
- December 8, 2022 Safe Communities, PACCAR
- January 12, 2023 OSHA Recordkeeping, PACCAR
- February 9, 2023 Millenials in the Work Place PACCAR
- March 16, 2023 Hiring & Working with individuals with disabilities PACCAR
- April 13, 2023 Building a Safety Culture PACCAR
- May 11, 2023 Stand-down to Prevent Falls PACCAR
- June 8, 2023 TAPS, Trauma-informed Care PACCAR
*Topics subject to change
All in-person meetings are held at the PACCAR Medical Education Center, 446 Hospital Rd. Chillicothe on the second Thursday of each month JULY through JUNE, except where noted. Cost is $12 per person. Lunch is served at 11:30 and the speaker begins at noon. ALL attendees must register at www.rosscountysafetycouncil.com/news-events/
Pre-pay coupon booklets are available for purchase. You may also pre-pay upon registering or pay at the door. Call Wendi at 740.702.2722 for information and to enroll.
For more information please visit www.rosscountysafetycouncil.com