History made as Bart Herrnstein follows in father’s footsteps as Entrepreneur of the Year
CHILLICOTHE – History was made Tuesday, May 10 as Bart Herrnstein, of the Herrnstein Auto Group, won the 2022 Entrepreneur of the Year award from the Chillicothe Ross Chamber of Commerce.
Herrnstein’s father, Bill, won the honor in 2005, which makes them the first father-son duo to both receive the award. The honor was the 36th time the local Chamber has honored its top entrepreneur.
Chamber President and CEO Mike Throne said Bart Herrnstein was chosen from a slate of nominees for his work to grow Herrnstein’s auto business, a solid record of contributions to the community, and his work to help revitalize downtown Chillicothe.
Other winners on Tuesday include:
- Adena Health System, Special Recognition for leadership and community partnerships.
- Young Professional of the Year: Jade Berry of The Stack and Life Ready program.
- Corporate Citizenship: Blake Lloyd & North Fork Animal Clinic, for work with multiple groups and businesses.
- Legacy: The Renison family of Crispie Crème Donuts, which started in the 1950s.
- Carvel Simmons, Special Recognition for his entrepreneurial spirit and work in and outside of Ross County. Simmons, who is a Ross County native, is the founder and owner of Trio Enterprises in Cincinnati. He lives in Frankfort.
The Chamber also acknowledged the contributions of Doug Etling, who was the long-time Chamber photographer before his death in 2021. His wife, Vicki, and son, Dustin, accepted the plaque in his memory.
The dinner happened at Bell Manor in Ross County.