Chillicothe Transit System announces two-day Downtown Trolley trial
A FREE trolley will circulate through Downtown Chillicothe on Thursday, July 22, from 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Friday, July 23 from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
The Chillicothe Transit System is considering new and innovative ways to better serve our community. One of the ideas is a Trolley that would circulate around our Historic Downtown and next Thursday and Friday we will be testing out the concept. A free trolley will run throughout Downtown on July 22 from 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on July 23 from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Everyone is invited to ride the trolley and provide feedback through a survey to guide the City’s thinking as it considers its permanent implementation.
The route will make the following stops as it passes through Downtown and a map can be found
with the attached flyer or on the City Website and Facebook page.
1. In front of the public parking lot on Water Street near Cristy’s Pizza
2. The Yoctangee Park parking lot by Baseball Diamond 1
3. The Corner of Mulberry and Second Streets (across from the Fort Collective)
4. E. Second Street in front of the Majestic Theater
5. E. Second Street in front of the Elks Lodge
6. W. Main Street just East of Jimmy John’s
7. E. Main Street across from the Chamber of Commerce
8. E. Fourth Street in front of the Mighty Children’s Museum
9. The corner of N. Paint and Main Street by 50 West
10. N. Paint Street in front of High Five Cakes
To get on or off the trolley at any of these stops, riders can look for “Trolley Stop” signs. There is
no fare to ride the trolley. Traffic flow in Downtown will not be affected. Pedestrians, cyclists,
and motorists should still exercise caution around the trolley and its stops.
The City of Chillicothe is one of 11 cities nationwide to participate in the Bloomberg-Harvard
Innovation Track as a part of its City Leadership Initiative. Since November of 2020, a team of
City employees and representatives have learned to use human centered design processes to
tackle the opportunity to make Chillicothe Transit the best rural transit system in America. The
Trolley prototype is one of the outcomes of this process.