Parking Lot Safety Tips- The Work Zone- Briana Hood
The Ross County Safety Council steering committee recently met to discuss presentation topics for the 2015-2016 fiscal year. One of the things on our mind was self protection and how to be aware of your surroundings when on the job or leaving the office. Below are some quick safety tips that may help employees feel and stay safe when entering and exiting buildings.
- Put valuables and packages in the trunk or out of sight before you arrive at your destination.
- Drive with your car doors locked and windows closed.
- Keep wallets and purses out of view while driving.
- When possible, park near your appropriate entrance/exit.
- If you’re unable to find a safe spot when arriving, move to a safer spot during a break or lunch.
- Do not leave any valuables where they can be seen from outside the car.
- If someone is trying to break into your car, honk the horn repeatedly.
When Returning to the Car:
- If possible, return to your car with an escort or in a group.
- Have your door key in your hand.
- Look around and inside your car before you unlock the door and get in.
- Once inside the car, lock your door and start your engine. Start moving the car as soon as possible after situating yourself.
- If you someone is following you while you are driving, go to the closest police or fire station and honk your horn, or drive to an open business or gas station where you can safely call the police.
These and many more tips are available online using the search terms “parking lot safety”.
~Briana Hood- Workforce, Safety Council and Office Manager