Let’s take a Leap of Kindness together
2020 is not a common year, it’s what is commonly known as a leap year.
While we’re synchronizing the calendar, let’s put that extra day to good use. The Chillicothe-Ross Chamber of Commerce would like to join the Leap of Kindness movement by observing one on Leap day 2020, Feb. 29, 2020.
Leap of Kindness Day was created in 2016 by the Saratoga (N.Y.) Chamber of Commerce and several Chambers across the country joined the movement to spread kindness across their community. In short, Leap of Kindness is meant to inspire and facilitate everyone doing something for someone else.
On the first Leap of Kindness Day, 50 Chambers in 30 states had thousands of people take part by cooking a meal for our first responders, collecting essential items for non-profits, doing canned food drives for food pantries, or something as simple as having students write a thank you card to someone they love.
So, what will you do with an extra day on Feb. 29? We’re inviting you to jump on the train and bring some light into lives across our community. So, what can you do?
- Employers can use Leap of Kindness Day to build employee morale, with a focus on kindness and community. Share the information with employees and support their efforts to participate.
- For our non-profit members and friends, send what you might need or ways that the community can help your agency. For example, if your agency needs food, clothing, or personal care items as part of its mission, let’s plan a drive for those items to help you stock the shelves. Maybe your staff and volunteers need a little boost – what about having thank you notes written to them by local students, or others?
- Teachers and school employees could use a pick-me-up as well. How about writing notes of encouragement and sharing them on the day before, Friday, Feb. 28?
- Seniors living in assisted living often need a boost. A small bouquet of flowers, or a note, or even a personal visit can make their day.
- Money helps all non-profits. Organize a fund-raiser – as small as a penny drive or as much as a specific fundraiser for a big project – to help your favorite organization.
- Our furry friends need a boost too. Contact the Humane Society and see what they need, then do a drive to get the food or supplies they need to run their operations.
- Or maybe you have an idea of your own … let’s talk and see if we can make it happen.
Let’s use our extra day for good! Let’s show Ross County our love for others! Join us for Leap of Kindness on Feb. 29.